If you do not have a formal
and/or updated resume, please take your old resume (if applicable) and do an updated DRAFT
reflecting your current position, responsibilities and dates. It may contain typos,
errors, etc. "for starters", but please don't refrain from sending ANY
background information because it's informal. We've placed many people over the years who
didn't have a "resume ready to go"! A lot of times, we can (confidentially)
describe a potential candidate's background by phone,
e-mail, etc. (for e.g.. "a
3-year Big 4 person" or "a sales & use tax
specialist who files returns in 45 states".)
SET FORTH BELOW IS A SAMPLE RESUME OF A HIGHLY-DESIRED TYPE OF TAX
I'm a Taxperson, CPA
1120 Consolidated Place
Nexus, USA 10409
OBJECTIVE: To join the tax department
of a growth-oriented organization
EDUCATION: Tax University. Currently
enrolled in Masters in taxation program. Have attained
32 credits. Expected graduation-6/13
of Excellence. B.S. in Accounting-6/04. GPA= 3.5 Overall & 3.6 in
Dean's list.. Graduated Cum Laude
Humongous Corporation (2007 to Present) Tax Senior
* Preparation/ review of both consolidated & separate company,
federal & multi-state corporate tax returns.
* Research & planning on various tax issues, including analysis of new tax laws &
* Perform tax provision including FASB 109/Effective Tax Rate analysis.
* Work on some foreign/international tax schedules (e.g., Forms 1118 & 5471)
Also, researched Section 482 issues.
* Supervise group of tax staff and tax interns.
* Involved with both IRS and various state government tax audits and correspondence
Code, Regs and Cases (Regional CPA firm)2004-2006 Staff tax accountant
* Prepared individual, partnership, corporate and other types of
* Also prepared payroll, sales, use & property & commercial rent returns.
* Responded to both client and government inquiries.
* Did research on various tax matters.
* Client industries included manufacturers, real estate and service companies.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient with various computer software
programs, including Fasttax, Corptax, Vertex, BNA, Excel, CD-Rom based programs &
others. Also, use Internet for research purposes.
LICENSES / AFFILIATIONS: Certified Public Accountant-State of
New Jersey, Member of AICPA & New Jersey Society of CPA's.
INTERESTS: Enjoy travel, reading, sports and music.
REFERENCES: Will be furnished upon request.